Friday, April 16, 2010

1 Confession

1. I LOVE reading.
It is probably my favorite past time. Nothing I've experienced is better than being able to take a book and go sit on the porch or a dock or even the trampoline and read a book.
It gives me such an appreciation for nature and for the time that authors have taken to write the book that I am currently reading. It also makes me aware of the love that my Heavenly Father has for me.
He loves me. He lets me enjoy sunsets. He lets me enjoy feeling the breeze in my hair. He lets me go through trials so my faith in Him can go stronger. He lets me make mistakes and reaches His hand out to help me up and then forgives me. What greater love can there be?

I am a visual person, I guess.
I've always enjoyed movies and photography.
Every time I read a book, the story unfolds and I see the characters in the story come to life.
I don't think it's possible to describe. A person has to experience such an exciting thing for themself.

My love for books hasn't always been with me, though.
A few months back I looked through one of my scrapbooks which contained all of my report cards from elementary school.
For my first 3 or 4 years of school I really struggled with reading and I just wouldn't do it. And the strange thing is that at that time I excelled at science.
Most of you know that I now practically hate sitting through a science class. I love learning about it on my own, but I just can't stand learning things through another person.
But look where I am now. I love reading, and I'm good at it. And I can learn so many more things. Sure, I still get frustrated with reading and school but it's usually because I don't understand the teacher.
But so goes life right?

No comments:

Post a Comment