Friday, April 9, 2010

What are heavy? : Christina Rosetti

What are Heavy?
Christina Rosetti

"What are heavy? Sea-sand and sorrow;
What are brief? Today and tomorrow;
What are frail? Spring blossoms and youth;
What are deep? The ocean and truth."

I love the setup of this poem!
And the answers are perfect.

I've felt brief sorrow and I know other people have felt it even harder than I have.
This morning, as my Mom was reading the newspaper, she noticed a name in the obituaries. And it was the name of a lady who lived here about 8 years ago. She was a member of my family's ward. I remembered the family's name but I just couldn't put a face to the name. I saw her picture after my Mom read the article and I know I've seen the lady before. She died suddenly at the age of 41. She has 6 young children. How hard that must be for them.

How much do we take for granted? Do we think we're going to wake up in the morning? Do we think we'll always have another chance to hug our family and friends?
We can't take the chance that we won't. Don't regret anything.

I know I can't trust someone until I know I've heard them tell the truth.
You can always love someone, but you can't always trust them.
That's harsh but true.
How many people can we truly trust at this point in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment