This summer was a really amazing summer for my family and I.
We were able to have some uncles and guy cousins come up and do some fishing with us.
I love spending time with my cousins and aunts and uncles.
It doesn't happen much in my family since we live so far away from all of our relatives. Expect for a step-uncle and his family.
I've grown up with their family and I love them, but they aren't blood-related.
There's an amazing connection when you know that you have the same blood as someone you're talking to.
Anyways, we had the cousins and uncles up for a few weeks.
And then one of the cousins, Spencer, has been living with my family since then.
They came up the middle of June. The uncles and cousins stayed for about two weeks and then went back to Utah.
Spencer has been living with our family since then and I've learned so much from him in that time.
He doesn't have any sisters and we only have two brothers.
He's taught me a lot about family life and how to interact with family.
He taught me how to treat my parents.
He taught me patience.
He taught me generosity.
He taught me how a gentleman can and should act.
He taught me that cousins can be fun to talk to and that they're instant friends.
He even talked to me about my love life. He'll be one of the first to know when I have a man. :)
I love my cousin and I'm really going to miss him when he goes home next week.
He's like my brother now.
It's ridiculous. I'm getting emotional just typing this.
I guess I really can't put into words how much I've learned from him this summer and how much he means to me now.
He's made such an influence on our family.
He'll forever be a part of our family as a brother.
To anybody who reads this, never take your family, no matter how close or distant, for granted.
I cherish the moments I have with my family.
And I hope that family and the time that I spend with them will always be a priority in my life.
I know that families can be together forever.
And I know that we're put into certain families to help each other through thick and thin and to learn from each other.
Families are essential in this life.
And I hope that we as people will never lose sight of that.
I hope family will always be a priority for every person, even if they don't show it in their outward appearance and actions.
No comments:
Post a Comment