So earlier today I was looking through some of my old scrapbooks and reading the Church magazines and I realized something.
Recently I've been feeling a bit bummed because my sister is going in a mission and I am stuck with a job that has crummy hours and no idea where my life is headed. But the biggest reason i've been bummed is because I so wish I could be going too! But I'm not anywhere near 21, plus no money. But then I thought some more about why people serve missions, to spread the gospel.
Well let me tell ya, I so want to share the gospel. But currently I have no social life. I go to church, where eberyone's already joined the church or is investigating the church. And ocassionally I get to go to work, but most of the people there are also either members of the church or at least know out basic beliefs. And I don't get out to go to the library or store much.
So what am I doing? I'm getting all the family's scrapbooks and records into digital form, not just paper.
I've always loved the temple. I can't wait until I can get my endowments. For 2 reasons. 1- I'll be making more covenants and 2- I'll be able to do more work for my ancestors.
So I think my mission is to do family history work. I have a small box full of names on my moms side that need to be placed into their right families. And their temple work needs to get done. I want to help start that. At least, until I can do more of their work myself.
So I'm going to do something with myself while i'm job hunting yet again. I'm going to be a detective and uncover the history of my family. And hopefully sometime I'll get down to Utah and Washington to talk to my relatives and get the family history on my dads side started. :)
Phone call interviews are good too!
ReplyDelete