Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Heart

I've never had a Christmas, or any holiday, where more than one aunt's/uncle's family was celebrating with my family. The only experience I've had with big family gatherings was what I saw in movies. Until I moved to Utah...
Thanksgiving was really fun, but I didn't get to see all of my mom's siblings that live in Utah.
It's only Christmas Eve... I've already been to 3 family gatherings. My aunt's family dinner. My mom's family brunch. And another aunt's family movie get-together. And in less than an hour we'll be taking off for my aunt's family dinner.
This sure is the life. I didn't know what I was missing out on. I couldn't even fathom what I was missing. Today I saw four of my cousins that I have seen in about 4 1/2 years. The two younger ones were really small when I saw them. And now one's a pre-teen and the other's in his teen years already! They're both boys and they grew so fast!
I've decided that I really love family get-togethers. :]
When I go off and get married (not in the very near future) I have decided to try really hard to stay close enough to family that we can get together sometimes just to be together.
P.S. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment